Divorce solicitors graphic


Divorce Law in England & Wales currently grants divorce on the basis of the irretrievable breakdown of a marriage for which there are five grounds:

  • • Adultery
  • • Unreasonable behaviour
  • • Desertion after 2 years
  • • Two years' separation with consent
  • • Five years' separation without consent

In practice divorce law usually favours the first two, basically because neither of these require the wait of the others.

It is very important you get your grounds correct, especially with regard to the potential financial ramifications which unfortunatley are often the centre of most disputes.

Financial Settlement Orders

Financial settlement orders can be agreed by partners with the help of a divorce law solicitor and without the need to attend court, thus saving associated court and legal costs.

Please call us if you are considering entering into a Financial Settlement Order.

Separation Agreements

Separation agreements are used when you wish to separate but are not ready for a divorce. A separation agreement often includes provision for dealing with maintenance, financial matters and arrangements for any children.

Change of Name Deeds

If you’re looking to possibly change your name please contact us.


Stuart Q. Murphy Divorce Solicitors has over 38 years experience in Divorce Law, so you can feel confident that you can get the best advice possible.

Call today for advice on divorce ...

Search for us on Google using:

  • “Divorce Solicitors”
  • “Divorce Solicitors West Byfleet”
  • “Divorce Solicitors Guildford”
  • “Divorce Solicitors Woking”


Cyber Crime Alert!

Emails can be scammed. This firm will never send you unsolicited emails with our bank details - Please do not rely on email notification of bank account changes without direct verbal confirmation from me.


Our details

Stuart Q Murphy is registered with the Law Society of England and Wales and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA No 00208696.



If you have a complaint please contact Stuart Murphy in writing in the first instance. If you are still not satisfied please contact the Legal Ombudsman and full details can be found on their website.